Deep Thoughts

sit back, relax, laugh a little.


So I'm in wonderful Williamsburg basking in the history this week. When I say bask, I mean soak. Literally, I am soaking wet. Drenched. That is how much history is around me right now. I don't think you are following me. I must spell it out in a detailed manner. I am on a metaphoric raft and vast amounts of sea surround me. I can only choose one direction. One choice, if you will. The wrong decision leaves me continuously stranded. My haven (the rescue boat or land) is the knowledge I gain. I long for that knowledge.

Pop Quiz: Who invented the spinning jenny?

You see? I want to answer that question within 5 seconds. Not 2 minutes! I want to be Ken Jennings! (wasted TV allusion) Luckily, with the motor (i.e. tour guide) I add to my boat; I can make it to that land of knowledge quicker.

I lost half of you in the metaphors. Who cares. Let's try to clear things up. Let's look at me describing Williamsburg through metaphors with a metaphor...

0 comments:

Post a Comment