Deep Thoughts

sit back, relax, laugh a little.

I think the fountain pen is the next best thing to ever be invented. I will even argue that the writing instrument will be "hip" in the next 5 years. For the younger generation reading, hip is a word older people used to use to describe interesting products. The word has now been retired to history books along with bicycles and nutcrackers.

Anyway, junior highers all the way up to the highly paid executives will be sporting a new 150.00-5,200.00 pen. The Junior Highers will take out high-interest loans and grow up to be in-debt sweaty car salesman. And the executives will write the pens off as business expenses and continue to make millions. That's how society works.

Interestingly, the pen might equal the once favored palm pilot fascination. You remember those...not the iphone, not the ipod touch. I'm talking old school. The 3 inch-thick handheld cinder block we used to carry around. Yeah, the one that got the one hour battery life and then explodes. And we were suckers to fall for another poorly made American product. Palm, GM, what next? Not Microsoft....

Side note: you may argue that I pick on GM. I agree. I do. Ok, I addressed the issue. Let's move on from that topic forever.

GM can't build a reliable car for it's life. Ok. Forget that, I just said that to make you mad. We are talking about pens people! Pens! Highly priced pens that have no reason to be owned.

I saw in my favorite pen magazine called "Pen Magazine" that pen designers are releasing new pens that actually hold mini grappling hooks. Great. Now CEO's can make quick escapes from their offices when we try to catch them for committing fraud. While reading "Pen Magazine," I think I may have coveted. Yes, I know, it's a sin in 3 countries. I just saw a pen that could make McDonald's soft-serve ice cream. Amazing! You mean I can work on homework and ruin my cholesterol at the same time? Ah, America.

Literally, the pen will become the new pencil...people will flock. Pen's will be sold out everywhere you look. Willy Wonka will no longer use tickets, but Mont Blanc pens to invite children into his factory...

0 comments:

Post a Comment